Scouts are assigned new roles and leadership positions every 6 months. This allows each Scout the ability to hone their skills and gain the experiences necessary to succeed in life as well in Boy Scouts. Some of these positions will also count toward Boy Scout advancement.
For more information, see the Senior Patrol Leader Handbook (#32501) and Patrol Leader Handbook (#32502A).
- Senior Patrol Leader (Elected By Troop)
- Assistant Senior Patrol Leader (Selected By Senior Patrol Leader)
- Patrol Leader (Elected By Patrol)
- Assistant Patrol Leader (Selected By Patrol Leader)
- Troop Guide
- Den Chief
- Chaplain Aide
- Order of the Arrow Representative
- Outdoor Ethics Guide
- Junior Assistant Scoutmaster
- The entire troop elects the Senior Patrol Leader, who selects his assistant.
- The Troop then divides into Patrols, each patrol elects their Patrol Leader. The Patrol Leader chooses his assistant.
- The remaining positions are appointed.